You can add a card to your Zip account, via the Zip mobile app in 3 easy steps:
- At the bottom right, tap Account in the Zip app.
- Tap Payment Methods.
- Select Add a payment card and enter your card information, then tap on Add Card.
Having trouble adding a payment method?
In order to successfully add a new payment method to your Zip account, please ensure:
- The zip code you enter for your card must match the billing zip code on file with your bank or card company.
- You have a valid US mailing address tied to your payment method.. We do not accept mailing (or billing) addresses that are APO, FPO, AE PO, PO Box or other mail services. To change your address, please follow the instructions in this article.
- The CVV (security code) must match the 3 or 4-digit code located on the back of your card (sometimes located on the front).
- You are trying to add an accepted payment method.
Accepted payment methods are:
- Debit cards attached to bank accounts
Credit cards (as long as they are not pre-paid)
- Visa, MasterCard™, Discover, American Express® are accepted
- *Apple Pay can only be used to pay for active installments on your Zip orders. It cannot be used to make an initial purchase and it is not an option if you are signed up for bundled payments.
- Accepted payment methods are:
While ACH (Direct Debit) is not currently supported, we plan to make it available in the future.
If you are attempting to add an accepted payment method and you’re still having difficulty, please submit a support ticket with a screenshot of the error you are seeing and details about the card you are trying to use. The Zip team is always here to help!