Can the Zip App be used to shop at Amazon?
Yes! The Zip App can be used to place an online order with Amazon. Take a look below for step-by-step instructions on how to use Zip App to place an Amazon order:
How to use the Zip App to shop at Amazon:
1. Add your desired items to your Amazon cart and proceed to checkout.
2. Tap Pay with Zip and enter your purchase amount to create your Zip Virtual Card.
3. Next, tap Payment method.
4. Add the Zip Virtual Card as a payment method to your Amazon account card by selecting Add a Payment Method, and tapping Add a credit or debit card.
Then, at the bottom of your screen, tap Add this one-time card as your payment method.
5. On the next screen, be sure to NOT select "set as default payment method", as Zip Virtual Cards are only for one-time use. If you have already done this for an Amazon Zip order, make sure to remove the Zip Virtual Card and change your Amazon account's default card back to your previously set personal card, as future charges to a used Zip card will likely be declined.
After your Zip Virtual Card information has automatically populated and you've made sure it is not selected to be "set as the default payment method", tap Add your card.
Why was my Zip Virtual Card declined by Amazon?
If your order takes over two weeks to be processed and shipped by Amazon, your Zip Virtual Card will likely get declined.
The Zip Virtual Card is only designed to stay open for two weeks before automatically expiring. Since Amazon is unique and waits to charge your card once the order ships out, a decline will likely occur if they do not process your payment within two weeks of placing your order.
If you have an Amazon order that is on backorder or is taking a while to ship, we recommend reaching out to Amazon directly to confirm that your order will ship within two weeks of being placed.
- Always make a new Purchase Request for a new order, and...
- Be sure to include tax, shipping costs, and other fees in your Purchase Requests.
If Amazon charges your Zip Virtual Card multiple times, but Zip is only expecting one charge, a decline will likely occur.
If you plan to purchase from multiple independent sellers on Amazon, we recommend breaking up these items into multiple orders and creating a new Zip Virtual Card for each order.
Why am I receiving a “Payment Revision Needed” message from Amazon?
If you receive a “Payment Revision Needed” message from Amazon, this means that your Zip Virtual Card is being declined you will need to revise your payment method in their system.
To revise your payment in Amazon’s system, you will need to first create a new purchase request and Zip virtual card by following the steps outlined above. You will then want to swap this new Zip Virtual Card into your existing Amazon order.
To do so, please follow the steps outlined in Amazon’s customer support article.
- Go to Your Orders.
Try again with a different payment method, as follows:
- Select Change Payment Method next to the order you want to modify.
- Select another payment method from your account or submit a new card number and select Confirm.
- Select Retry Payment Method next to the order.
If your Amazon order was canceled, Zip will issue your refund as soon as we receive the refund directly from Amazon. Zip will refund you the amount you've paid to-date and cancel all future Zip payments.
This process typically occurs within 13 days of receiving the refund from Amazon directly.
I didn’t use my entire Zip Virtual Card balance on my Amazon order. Where is my refund?
If you did not use your entire Zip Virtual Card balance for your Amazon order, rest assured your remaining installments will be adjusted within 13 days of your order date and before your second installment is processed.
How do I start an Amazon exchange, return, or refund?
To start the Amazon exchange, return, or refund process, you'll need to reach out to the Amazon team directly. You can do so through their "Customer Support" page.
Please keep in mind that Amazon returns and exchanges are up to the discretion of their team.
Have more questions about Zip order returns? Take a look at this article.
Have more questions about Zip order refunds? Take a look at this article.