The best way to ensure you are not declined is to have enough funds available for your first installment and to ensure any outstanding orders are not late. You can view your orders and make early payments via the Customer Portal or by tapping Orders on the bottom of the Zip App.
Some reasons Zip might decline your transaction include:
- You are required to make a purchase request before you can transact.
- You will need to be current on all installments in order to transact with Zip. Pay off any unpaid installments then try and order again.
- The amount of your purchase request may be less than the amount of your actual order. Your purchase request must be at least equal to your total order amount including shipping and any taxes. Try making another purchase request for a higher amount.
- Not having enough funds available to make the first installment at the time of purchase. We charge 25% of your order upfront so make sure you have at least this amount available when you make your purchase request.
- Zip blocks specific categories of merchant type and some individual merchants.
- You may have outstanding late installments due. You will need to be in good standing across all your orders to make multiple purchases at the same time.
- You may be declined due to automated fraud and security screening by the Zip platform.